Change cluster size

sfg

Question

Hi,

I know after creating a partition (ie google drive), it is not possible to change the cluster size of that partition. I'm wondering if it is possible to create a new partition with a larger cluster size, and migrate the data I currently have uploaded to the new partition, server side. I would like to have partitions bigger than 64 TB in windows, but I realized this too late, after I already uploaded almost 50TB.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, sfg said:

Hi,

I know after creating a partition (ie google drive), it is not possible to change the cluster size of that partition. I'm wondering if it is possible to create a new partition with a larger cluster size, and migrate the data I currently have uploaded to the new partition, server side. I would like to have partitions bigger than 64 TB in windows, but I realized this too late, after I already uploaded almost 50TB.

Thanks!

You cannot make any changes to the cluster size server-side. Changing the cluster size modifies the drive structure within the chunk files that are stored on your provider. All of the data would have to be downloaded and reuploaded. You CAN, however, change the cluster size per-volume (partition), so if you can just leave your existing data in place, you can create a new volume with a different cluster size.