File/Folder Change: 'Another Program Has This File/Folder Open...'

RJGNOW

Question

I have been experiencing a problem from day one and it's now becoming a little frustrating.

Software:

HP N54L WHS 2011 W/8 Gigs RAM (Fully Patched)

Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Clients

DrivePool: Every release Stable and Beta (Currently build .481)

Problem:

When working with files/folders (Renaming, Moving, Deleting, etc.) after I have a made a change, I am, most of the time, lock out from making any other changes.

Example:

I have a folder inside a folder that is named the same. I want to move the last folder structure (Child) outside the main folder structure (Parent). So I rename the parent folder, and then browser down inside that folder to 'CUT' the child folder so I can move the folder outside the parent. When I go to paste the folder I get the 'Sorry this folder/file is in use by another program error' The only way I can perform the cut is to back out all the way to root network folder structure. When I go back in I can make the change no problem, but as soon as I try and make another, I get hit by the same error.

I have noticed that if I quickly attempt to rename some folders, I can typically rename 3-4 before I get the error msg. If I'm slow to rename, I may get hit on the very first attempt.  It's Very strange..

What I've done:

Too many things to list, but the problem doesn't seem to be client machine based (This happens from any computer on my network)

12 answers to this question

I updated the support ticket..

The unit is an HP N54L... Is that lower powered CPU?

From the looks of it, yes. It depends though. If the clock speed is below 2GHz, then yes, definitely. If it's above ... then it depends, but probably not.

I uploaded the Services Folder

Edit: This problem is frustrating enough, that I opened a Service Ticket on it.

Thank you for uploading the folder.

And i completely understand. I've seem similar behavior on my system, but it's mostly gone away (I .... live on the edge and generally run the newest build).

But hopefully, the issue is easy to identify and fix. But given the nature, I doubt it.

Also, to make sure, none of the constituent disks exhibit the same issue, correct? 

I really hate to ask, but could you remind me which is your ticket?

I'll double check, and "bump" it up, to make sure Alex sees it again, just in case.

But if you check the change log, Alex has been fixing a bunch of issues lately. And while we definitely understand that any issues are bad, we're (well, Alex) is trying to fix as many as possible, as quickly as he can.

Regards

SUCCESS!!

After several hours I finally discovered the source of the problem. The offending program was a program called Asus Remote Go.  It appears it was installed with the MB Drivers and only effects the stablebit pooled drive.  It does not effect any of the other drives (Mapped or local) on the machines.

Posted for those who might end up with the same problem.

Wow, that's ..... Well glad you found the issue. And a good reason not to install the fancy tools....

Yeah, it's strange, until this morning I didn't even know what it was, and don't remember installing it.. What's even stranger is that it only effected the pooled drive. Nevertheless I'm VERY glad this problem is solved... :wacko: