Custom OAuth not being accepted

biship

Question

I get this error when specifying my own ClientID and secret (from my GSuite account project).

Following https://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Q7941147

There isn't an option to pick "Other" application type anymore, but I tried a few different types.

CloudDrive.Service.exe    Error    0    [Main] Unable to start the StableBit CloudDrive service. Unexpected character encountered while parsing number: u. Path 'Settings.GoogleDrive.ClientId', line 28, position 29.    2020-08-10 00:09:16Z    539229463747

Here is the format I am using (these values are not my actual values):

"GoogleDrive": {
      "ClientId": 84234110-34fh908g09u45fghsdhf8g34gsdf66g3.apps.googleusercontent.com,
      "ClientSecret": t534sfsdfkljhf34908sedfa
    },

"Unexpected character encountered while parsing number" seems a bit odd. The ClientID is alphanumeric.

I tried just the project number as ClientID, which CD seems to accept, but then get an error on the Secret.

CloudDrive.Service.exe    Error    0    [Main] Unable to start the StableBit CloudDrive service. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: a. Path 'Settings.GoogleDrive.ClientSecret', line 29, position 22.    2020-08-10 00:24:30Z    548368650900

Does this work for anyone?

4 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Gijs said:

I just had this same problem as well. I would recommend adding a warning to the https://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Q7941147 article that quotes are required.

As mentioned, the example image on the wiki DOES show the quotes, as does the default advanced config file from which the image is taken. But, that being said, if you think a more explicit mention is warranted, you'll want to send it to Stablebit via the contact form on the website.