Mysterious 2 TB "COVECUBECoveFs" Disk

bitfidelity

Question

I just restarted my machine after adding a drive to my JBOD (not sure if that has anything to do with it) and was greeted to an unknown "COVECUBECoveFs" listing under the "non-pooled" category in DrivePool. I also noticed that Disk Management was showing me two unallocated partitions: 1) Covecube Virtual Disk (2 TB) and 2) Microsoft Virtual Disk (8 GB).

I think the latter has something to do with Windows Sandbox or Windows Update, but how did that 2 TB partition get there?

5 answers to this question

On 8/6/2020 at 6:12 PM, bitfidelity said:

I just restarted my machine after adding a drive to my JBOD (not sure if that has anything to do with it) and was greeted to an unknown "COVECUBECoveFs" listing under the "non-pooled" category in DrivePool. I also noticed that Disk Management was showing me two unallocated partitions: 1) Covecube Virtual Disk (2 TB) and 2) Microsoft Virtual Disk (8 GB).

I think the latter has something to do with Windows Sandbox or Windows Update, but how did that 2 TB partition get there?

That's the drive for stableBit Drivepool.  If you upgraded Windows, it can sometimes cause issues.

On 10/7/2021 at 11:23 PM, Drivepoolguy said:

I have the same problem after updating to Windows 11. I am getting a bit worried now because no one replied to you for more than a year. 

Please see my post about the same issue: 

Did you end up fixing it and if yes, how? 

Uninstall, reboot, reinstall, and reboot again.  That should fix the issue.