Drive Pool not showing up!

Zelatrix

Question

I wanted to add a new drive to my pool. I could only do this with  bit of cable management. So I had to unplug all the drives, including those which were part of the pool. To do this I shut down the computer, did the cable management and started it up again. Now, the drives which are part of the pool no longer show up in BIOS. I tried reseating the power connectors and SATA cables, as well as trying different SATA ports, and nothing. Have I broken something? How can I access my drives again?

1 answer to this question

Don't panic. If the drives do not show up in BIOS, chances are you made some sort of silly mistake that will be easily correctable. Just take the drives out, connect just one and see if you can get that one recognised. If that works, try it on a different port and with a different power cable. Add on drives as you go.

I had a PSU with detachable cables. None of my HDDs worked. Turned out cables were not connected to PSU. A brief scare for a few minutes but only something silly. Probably something like that with you.