I'm removing a drive from the drivepool and is removing the files too.

billis777

Question

I'm removing a drive from the drivepool and is removing the files too while copying them to the new hdds, i would like to keep the data on the old hdds too i remove as cold backup.

Is this possible? Can i stop drivepool from deleting my old hdd while copying its files to the new one?

8 answers to this question

That ain't easy.

Best thing for you, IMHO, is to have two Pools, one for the old drives and one for the new. Then copy from old Pool to new. Power off machine and disconnect all old drives.

I realise this is different from what I suggested before but at that time I was not aware you wanted to have the old drives as sort of a backup. Also, this way the usefullness of the old drives as a backup will fade over time, I would expect, as it does not track changes/new files.

I dont use duplication, currently i copy each hdd individually as i dont know better.

My pc gave me a blue screen recently while copying files from an old hdd to a new one. Could it be the new one or the old one that is problematic, what do you think guys?