Pooled data not showing in drives

lurkus85

Question

This is probably a newbie question.

I've setup DrivePool, added 4 drives to it. I mapped each individual drive to an empty NTFS folder so I can still access the drives standalone. Now I added a few initial folders to it, for example "steam".
Everything is working as it should: I see the new folders in Explorer in the pooled drive, I see it in DrivePool UI (under Balancing / File Placement).

drivepool_files.PNG.8b929a51499ed6aea02403d1014b767c.PNG

But what I don't understand is why I don't see these folders when accessing the standalone drive folders. See below the screenshot of the drive folder trees. It should be under the "ssd_2tb" folder. But it's not there:
drivepool_explorer.PNG.43be1dc1cfc85530b0ab558df276e51d.PNG

I don't need to see it on the individual drives generally, but I do want to ensure it's working as it should and I understand it before is start putting all my data in the pool.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

OK I think I can answer this myself ;) but a confirmation my understanding is correct, would be helpful.

I see the new folders now, including "steam", but it's within those "PoolPart" folders. That there's another folder outside of it ("lightroom") must have been a leftover from before I added these drives to DrivePool. Everything created through the pooled drive, will sit within the "PoolPart" container.