Visibility of files stored using virtual drive/Microsoft OneDrive connection

JeffK

Question

A very newbie question.  I am trialing Cloud Drive.  I have been testing the upload via the virtual drive of some miscellaneous files to a Microsoft OneDirve account.  When I do so should I expect to see the uploaded files when I log in to my account in my browser?

Thank you,

Jeff

2 answers to this question

You will never see the 1 for 1 files that you upload via the browser interface. CloudDrive does not provide a frontend for the provider APIs, and it does not store data in a format that can be accessed from outside of the CloudDrive service. If you are looking for a tool to simply upload files to your cloud provider, something like rClone or Netdrive might be a better fit. Both of those tools use the standard upload APIs and will store 1 for 1 files on your provider. 

See the following thread for a more in-depth explanation of what is going on here:

Thank you for your informative post.  I appreciate the response.

I eventually worked out that I could see the file segments that I uploaded and that I couldn't see the actual content.  I finished up going with Mountain Duck.  (Albeit after purchasing a copy of Air File Drive at a good discount and then finding that I couldn't see the content that way either because I ignorantly had a checkbox unselected in the options dialog.)

I thus achieved my ultimate goal of being able to transfer my files (photos) from OneDrive to SmugMug without having them sit on my hard drive (other than in the cache).

Thanks again,

Jeff