CloudDrive recovery Idle

ThePlexEmpire

Question

Hello,

I am currently trialling Cloud Drive to see if it will work with Plex. All has been going well.

However, this morning my server how a power failure. It has since rebooted and Cloud Drive is performing recovery. My concern is that it isn't doing anything for these reasons:

- very little/no disk reads or writes.

- Logs say Error instantiating management provider. Security error.

- The drive is not mounted in Windows.

- very little/no network usage.

Is this to be expected?

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

4 hours ago, oceanmasterza said:

i was considering purchasing this software however with this level of support I will stay away. Sort out your support guys!

The software works great if you use the latest stable or beta 1.2.0.1301. I would suggest that you set it up and keep your drives relatively small for right now (<6tb data). Eventually you will have to upgrade and have the new file structure that the current beta is doing. 

These kinks will be worked out. I imagine that Stablebit is limited on engineers and they were blindsided with googles new rules. That is a lot of pressure on them to adapt while keeping a lot of data safe. 

9 hours ago, oceanmasterza said:

i was considering purchasing this software however with this level of support I will stay away. Sort out your support guys!

9 hours ago, kird said:

I don't know what's going on with the official support, it was pretty seamless before, I don't know what circumstances may be going on right now.

Note that the forums are not the official support channel. If you need support, submit a ticket to support at this link: https://stablebit.com/Contact

4 hours ago, Chase said:

I imagine that Stablebit is limited on engineers and they were blindsided with googles new rules.

It should probably just be noted that Stablebit is precisely two people. They have never had, to my knowledge, any more people than just Alex doing software development.

Sorry for missing this. 

For the recovery, it may have very little activity, is it may be just uploading data.  

On 5/24/2020 at 5:47 AM, ThePlexEmpire said:

- Logs say Error instantiating management provider. Security error.

This may indicate an issue with the provider in question. Reauthorizing may help.  If not, then, as above, open a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contact