Google Team Drivers & StableBit CloudDrive

Andre_Sha

Question

Hello! Most recently, I learned about a program like StableBit CloudDrive, with the idea of creating virtual disks based on cloud storage. I decided to try it, downloaded the latest version. The program impressed with some simplicity and the availability of support for popular cloud services, and did not forget about the support of local PC services, like SMB.
Great respect to the developers!

I have such a task, to create a virtual drive based on Google Team Drivers. How do I set up self-interaction between Google Team Drivers and StableBit CloudDrive ? 

I will be grateful for the help!

anydesk00007.png

6 answers to this question

Well, thank you for the kind words!

However, unfortunately, we don't support Google Team Drives.  Mostly for two reasons: 

• It's a shared drive, and if somebody else mounts the drive or messes with it, it can/will corrupt the drive. 
  • There is a hard limit on the number of files and folders that can exist on the drive, creating a hard limit on the size of the drive. 
    • This is amplified, as we've semi-recently added "duplication" support for the chunks on the provider, which could half the effective space. 

Because of these, we don't and won't support Google Team Drives.  

Thank you very much for the answer :) I already understood this by browsing the forum topics.
But I decided to try experimenting with Google Team Drivers mount programs and see how they work with StableBit CloudDrive.

With Raidrive, it works well, but there are some problems associated with jerky data rates. Because of this, the video breaks when playing on Apple Tv over a local network, whether via SMB or FTP.

With Mountain Duck, so far not able to mount on normal Team Drivers, mounts like Google Drive

Maybe I didn’t correctly set up the mounted drive :) It was interesting to hear your opinion.

I set the volume of the mounted disk to 10tb. According to my calculations, this is a 100,000 chunk at 100mb. Duplication shutdown. Instead, there is an idea to use the BackBlaze service with its program.

The system configuration is as follows:
Windows 10 pro 64 bit
Intel Core i3 5010U @ 2.10GHz
Ram 16gb
Ssd 1tb (divided into two sections)
1 gb network card
Internet speed: https://www.speedtest.net/result/9422322983 (although it produces 760/720 on Linux, at a rate of 1 gbit / s).

One more question interests.
In the event of a rearrangement of the system, CloudDrive will be able to re-mount the created drive?

Screenshot

The API (well, more likely, the API endpoint) is different, so...

On 5/11/2020 at 11:45 AM, Andre_Sha said:

In the event of a rearrangement of the system, CloudDrive will be able to re-mount the created drive?

Yes, it should.  

Depending on what exactly you mean, all of our products track volumes by the "Volume IDs", which shouldn't change.  Additionally, both stableBit DrivePool and StableBit CloudDrive are designed to handle reinstallation or system migrations gracefully.  

22 hours ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

The API (well, more likely, the API endpoint) is different, so...

Clear. Well, I will observe the design and try to choose the optimal parameters :)

all of our products track volumes by the "Volume IDs", which shouldn't change.

And are these indicators?

Additionally, both stableBit DrivePool and StableBit CloudDrive are designed to handle reinstallation or system migrations gracefully.  

More and more interesting, more interesting it becomes :) how many opportunities your programs open :) Great respect!