Trial user - scan doesn't work? But I can't tell

kini

Question

Yesterday I started a trial and the scanner ran for a bit, then I had to restart my PC and went to sleep a bit after. This morning I woke up and looked at the scanner, it shows that my internal was 100% scanned and external exactly 30% scanned, but the time of scan shows around when I shut off my PC, and at that point they were not scanned, the internal was at maybe 10% and external like 3% or something. So anyway it shows these numbers, and when I click "Start check" it does nothing. So I'm not sure what to do here, it looks to me like the program did nothing and now I can't use it. 

7 answers to this question

Yeah, I saw that. Both my drives are full green. I just never saw my internal being scanned fully and my external doesn't indicate that it was scanned at the proper time, so it seems like I have no way to be sure that it ever scanned or something. I'm not sure why the "Start check" button does nothing. 

Somewhere on the map, left side, you can find an option "Mark all sectors unscanned" or something. That will kick off a new one typically. Start check does not do anything, I think, if according to the settings no drive needs to be scanned. You want Automatic Scanning Enabled (press that button until it says that). AFAIK, the scan time is set at the start of it scanning, not the end of it.

I tried your suggestion, it only worked on my internal drive, my other one had the option greyed out, and after that a new scan started but with no indication of progress or what it was doing. I left it for a couple hours maybe, then just shut the program off. I don't think I'm going to be using this thing, downloaded Crystal Disk Info instead. I hope that one works. But yeah this one  just didn't work for me. 

I'm not sure why about the time issues. 

But for the drives, if there is a good amount of activity on them, it will prevent the scans from taking place, as to not saturate the drive's connection. 

As for the "start check", this doesn't force the drives to check, but rather will allow the drives to be checked, if they meet the criteria for being scanned.  If you want to forcibly start a scan, the ">" button exposed when you double click on the disk will start scanning that disk.