Optimal CloudDrive Settings for Small AND Large files

womegunite

Question

Following some, of what I can figure to be best practices found here on the forum, I have decided to create a CloudDrive for each GSuite account that I have. Each CD will have multiple 50 TB partitions. Those partitions will be pooled into their DrivePools (no letter) for each account, and then those DPs will be pooled into a single letter'd DrivePool.

My question is around the optimal settings for the CloudDrives. I intend to use the drives for a variety of content, including large media like movies and TV shows, as well as small media like documents, and really anything in-between. I found some optimal Plex settings that an admin posted on here (disable background IO, min download size = 20 MB, Pre Trigger = 20 MB, Pre Forward = 175 MB, Pre time = 10 seconds).

• Will these settings also work for regular access to small files?
  • Are there more optimal settings I should change to?
  • Would it just be better to have two sets of CDs to support large and small files? I don't really want to do this, because the overhead of management is significant, but I can if the benefits are significant.

I'm on Gigabit fiber with a good provider.

1 answer to this question