Scanner and DrivePool on W10 Server not logged in

cocksy_boy

Question

Hi All,

I have DP installed on my WHS2011 home server machine, but am planning to migrate my server to W10 instead. I currently don't run Scanner, but am thinking about adding it to my W10 system after migration. My question is: I plan to use W10 as a server without it being logged in (as I understand that is better from a security perspective), but want to check if both scanner and DP will load and work on boot, before a user is logged in?

And then secondly, is there any way to remotely access any kind of status information for either DP or scanner, without having to remote desktop into the W10 server?

Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

On 3/12/2020 at 3:11 AM, Spider99 said:

yes you need a licence on each machine that has DP/Scanner installed

To clarify, you only need a license on the systems that you want full functionality on. 

If you ONLY want remote access to another system, you don't need a license and you don't even need to activate the trial.  

8 hours ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

To clarify, you only need a license on the systems that you want full functionality on. 

If you ONLY want remote access to another system, you don't need a license and you don't even need to activate the trial.  

thank you - that's really useful to know! :)