Any issues with Windows Server "ServerFolders" on Drive Pool?

jmone

Question

I've been running DrivePool on my Windows Server 2016 Essentials just fine.   My pool is all ReFS.  To date I've kept my Windows Server "ServerFolders" on a separate physical HDD outside the pool and occasionally I've had to get a larger HDD to fit these folders as they get larger over time.  I also have a separate HDD that is also used to backup the OS and the "ServerFolders" HDD.  I was thinking that I "could" do the following but is it a good idea?

1) Put the "ServerFolders" on the DrivePool with 2 x Duplication

2) Just backup the Windows Server OS drive to a backup drive.

Does this make sense or is there an issue I'm unaware of?

Thanks

Nathan

6 answers to this question

I got around to rebuilding my server and tried to move the ServerFolders onto the Drive pool but got warnings that "Cannot Enable Shadow Copy on the HDD" for "File History", "Folder Redirect" and "Users".  It did not give me this warning for "Company" and I did not try "Client Computer Backups" as this is where all the data is.  The only difference I have with my Drive Pool is that all my discs are formatted as ReFS.  Do I care about Shadow Copy for the Server Folders?

Thanks

Nathan