Drive evacuation priority

Milo

Question

When DrivePool is setup to evacuate a disk on SMART warnings from Scanner, and I've enabled moving out both unduplicated and duplicated data, will it prioritize unduplicated first, and then move on to duplicated?

Just want to confirm how it works before I enable the evacuation for duplicated data if that's going to increase the risk of losing unduplicated.

Also, related question, are there any plans to allow some customization on what SMART warnings will trigger an evacuation vs which ones wont? I've read on here that certain SMART warnings arn't usually/necessarily critical which is why it's not enabled by default, so it would be nice to be able to ignore certain ones. Anyway, just curious. New user here to DP and Scanner and loving it so far! :)

3 answers to this question

Honestly, I'm not sure.    I suspect that the processing is per drive, rather than duplicated/unduplicated, first.   

Since I'm not sure, I've opened a request, to ask Alex (the Developer).
https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/28301

19 hours ago, Milo said:

Also, related question, are there any plans to allow some customization on what SMART warnings will trigger an evacuation vs which ones wont? I've read on here that certain SMART warnings arn't usually/necessarily critical which is why it's not enabled by default, so it would be nice to be able to ignore certain ones. Anyway, just curious. New user here to DP and Scanner and loving it so far! :)

Not currently.   It would require a change to both StableBit DrivePool and StableBit Scanner to facilitate this.  

My recommendation would be to just evacuate unduplicated data on SMART warnings.