Possible to copy directly to poolpart folders without issues?

Remcroft

Question

Hi, I have a lot of video files in my pool that I'd like to remux from a .ts container to .MP4. This involves deleting them from the pool and copying them back to it. Question is can I do this directly in the poolpart folders? Reason is I want them saved back to the drive they were on originally instead to the drive with the most free space.

Will this be ok if I run a Re-Measure when I'm done or is it asking for trouble?

5 answers to this question

Recently I manually migrated from 3 drives to two. One is full and the other has 4TB free, 8TB of data needs rewriting. Copying to the pool rather than in place would also increase file fragmentation and file placement fragmentation, ATM everything is mostly grouped in folders because that's how I organised it before using drivepool, I'd like to maintain that as much as possible but it's mainly just a bit more speed and less fragmentation so I might get away without running a defrag pass.