Balancer, 'Building bucket lists...'

btb

Question

As per tilte, the balancer has been stuck at 'Building bucket lists..' for a couple of weeks, and the GUI shows that DP isn't able to balance to meet the targets.

I've uploaded logs ('service') as per the wiki and below, Service.zip

Do you need any more info?

Could you have a look into into this for me please? Not a major issue, though something not quite right with the balancer.

7 answers to this question

I've flagged this for Alex, but it definitely looks like there is something wrong going on here.

Namely, I'm seeing a lot of "updating disks" in the service logs, which could cause issues.

As well, as a lot of error reports. 

Also, what version of StableBit DrivePool are you running?

Thanks for your reply. I initialy installed the beta from the download page, v2.1.0.432, then later when I had this issue I uninstalled it as per the instructions in the wiki, and installed v 2.0.0.420 thinking it might resolve things.

I'm trying to recall when this issue began, and think it may be related to removing a disk and replacing it with a larger capacity one, it failed to balance data across all connected disks. I then installed the 'Disk Space Equalizer' blancer thinking that would do its job, and thats where i am now.

Also in the GUI only Disks '0' and '5' seem to be displaying the amount of data corectlypost-1492-0-65166600-1393322600_thumb.png

Edited to add: One disk in this pool came from another PC also with DP installed, though I do think I formatted it before relocating it here, and adding to this pool.

I think this is also related to using the 'Disk Space Equalizer' balancer, or perhaps some other balancing setting, as when I use this plugin the issue returns, but for now I can do without it and prefer not have all those errors. So maybe Alex could take a look at it when time permits?

Deleting that folder restored the all the disk data on the GUI and it displays properly. You will have to activate your license afterwards, its all in the wiki

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2299585B

Hi btb,

Thanks to you the method fix the problem. I was worried when I see the building bucket lists all day and never gets finish. 

drivepool back to normal and everything displayed properly. unlike previously all files displayed as "Other".

I'm not using disk space equalizer. I did install the archive optimize and ordered file placement.

I have now remove archive optimize and only keeping ordered file placement. 

Actually, we found a bug in the Ordered File Placement balancer recently that was causing some serious issues in rare cases.

I would recommend updating it (1.0.3.4) and see if that fixes your issue.

https://stablebit.com/DrivePool/Plugins

Notes/Changelog:

http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolBalancingPlugins/OrderedFilePlacement/Notes.txt