Erased stable-bit drive pool volume in Disk management of Windows 10 now cant separate pooled volume

thegameksk

Question

A long time I made a drive pool using stablebit. I forgot this and went ahead and erased my HDD . After doing so I remembered that that HDD was a drive pool of hdds and now I want to separate drives. Within drive pool it doesnt show any drives being pooled. How do I go about unpooling the drives? Is there a way?

8 answers to this question

Hi. Here are screenshots of disc management before formatting again and after, also a screenshot of windows explorer. I am also considering taking the 2 drives out and then putting each 1 back in one at a time and reformatting. I cant add the driveppool screenshot. Its ays its too big. When I click on drive F in drive pool it says no pool.

Screenshot (54).png

Screenshot (56).png

Screenshot (55).png

When you click on F in drivepool, where exactly do you click? Not sure how you are going about here but without somde detailed info on what DP looks like there is no way I can think of to help. I would consider though to (and assuming there is NO data on the actual HDDs):

1. uninstall DrivePool, reboot
2. Format the actual HDDs, reboot
3. install DP
4. Add the two HDDs to a Pool according to the instructions.

My F drive is under the heading nonpooled. I can only format the drives as he one 14.5 TB drive. They dont appear as 2 separate drives in explorer and disc-management but as one pooled drive. In drivepool it shows up under the heading Disks non-pooled but it still is pooled bc oringally I had 2 7.5tb hdds pooled. 

How do I add imgur links to this post? Since the attachment was too big I put it on Imgur but when I go to inset other media and paste the link the box becomes red and it wont go through.

I formatted the pooled drive before. On disc management and explorer it still shows as a combined 14 tb drive instead of 2 separate drives. In drivepool it says its not pooled but it still shows as 14 tb instead of 2 separate drives. I uninstalled drivepool no change in disc management or explorer. Still shows as 14 tb.p

I must be missing something obvious. The two 7TB drives, those are G:\ and L:\, no? I am tempted to say you simply have an actual 14TB HDD in your machine :D

You see, with me (and AFAIK others), DP Pools show up in disk management as 2TB HDDs, regardless of their actual size.

If in disk management you right click -> Properties -> Hardware, in the list you then get to see, do you see Covecube Virtual Disk as one of the names?

If you write a file to F:\, does that file appear on G:\ and\or L:\ somewhere within the hidden poolpart.* folders on G/L? Do they have hidden Poolpart.* folders?