Not auto-balanced

zlskpotti

Question

I have two 10TB hard drives in my work computer. I want to use them as my important work data storage. I have some problems with the use. Although I use it with my own understanding, I want to ask someone to help Make sure everything I set is correct.

I need:

1. I don't want to use any automatic balancing to ensure that in any case I can unmount a separate hard drive to view continuous data.

2. Cooperate with StableBit Scanner. When an error occurs on one hard disk, the data can be automatically transferred to another hard disk.

This is my setup screen. Is there anything I did wrong?

1.thumb.jpg.38aa3b3dcd5c409e9b34bd8631c60ae6.jpg

2.jpg.786b4f9727bd9351bb63d0d3162a117e.jpg

3.jpg.64ac9bcba8bbace95eaa9fcb72b98347.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.f81e945c30c8cea9e27fbfef4def4659.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.7aa68b5a3fe9730b8088f6f4544fd62c.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.2202a8efedb122eedf55427ba9b63112.jpg

3. If I reinstall the system, will the rebuild pool be exactly the same as my settings before the installation? I haven't tried it, does anyone have experience?

Is it possible to add Chinese language in future versions? (● '◡' ●)

1 answer to this question

Seems fine with me. As I understand it, you want to have files that belong together to be saved to a single HDD if possible, no? In that case, this works. Once the HDD is 90% full it will continue writing new files to the other HDD so you may have a bit of a break there but after that new files will be written there.

You might want to consider using duplication. Now, if HDD 1 fails, you loose everything (unless you have a backup solution which is always highly advisable). With duplication, you have at least a bit of protection.