Removed Drive Wants Back In

Ultradianguy

Question

So I've been having trouble getting a potentially damaged drive evacuated and removed. I've posted other places about that so I won't go into those issues.  However, after manually removing unduplicated files, I physically took the drive out of the system.  When DP said there was a Missing Drive, I clicked Remove, and since it was absent, it pretty quickly got removed.  I then plugged the drive back in and it immediately appeared back in the pool - rather than in unpooled drives.  

This is not what I would have expected - I'm wondering if this is intentional or a problem. 

My assumption is that once I click Remove and DP says it was successful, the drive will not re-appear in the pool unless it's deliberately added.

I'm guessing that this is related to having used the Remove command when the drive was missing - but still, I wouldn't expect this.  I couldn't use the Remove command while the drive was still present as there was  no progress even after a couple days, despite there being only a few hundred GB of files on the drive.  (Note my pool has been measuring for about a week, with minimal progress). 

2 answers to this question

According to Christopher, this is expected behavior.  I could use the ignore command from CMD but since the drive was damaged, I just removed it permanently, so not worried about it getting added back.  But apparently the Remove command does nor prevent DP from recognizing a drive and adding it back in.