Trouble downloading from Google Drive

schudtweb

Question

Hi,

since about 6 months i have a lot of problems to download from my clouddrive (Google Drive). I have a lot of forced unmounts, because i have many read errors. But i dont know why :(

I have this problem with two clouddrives on different accounts. Actually i have three cloud drives, but only the first one i created is working without big problems. The other two i cant use. Often my windows crash, because of the clouddrive problems. In the log files i see often something about cant read or element not found.

What do you need to help me?

I also use rclone without problems on the same accounts. So it can not be a connection issue to google.

3 answers to this question

Submit an official support ticket here: https://stablebit.com/Contact

Then download and run the troubleshooter and attach the support ticket number. The troubleshooter is located here: http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Troubleshooter

I also wouldn't say that your reasoning in the last sentence is sound. rClone and CloudDrive interact with Google's APIs in very different ways and with very different frequencies. The performance or reliability of one does not suggest much about the expected performance or reliability of the other.

In any case, read errors generally indicate a connection issue and crashes are not normal at all. CloudDrive is generally very stable software. So submit a ticket and let them look at it and go from there. 

I ran Clouddrive on a dedicated server and windows crashed every 2-3 days, because of I/O hard drive errors. At the moment i try it at home again. Is not working better. I try to resize the drive (shrink it), but its not working better. Clouddrive is working for a while and then again a disconnect because of read errors. In the log are a lot of write errors and not found elements...

You'll have to submit a ticket and attach the troubleshooter. I really can't help you further other than to say that your problems are not widely experienced, and the behavior you're experiencing should not be expected. Beyond that, support will have to help you. I've never seen any sort of crashing or "not found element" errors, so I don't know what might be responsible.