Disk Collision Issues

pofo14

Question

I have been running Scanner & DrivePool along with SnapRAID for years, and everything has been running flawless for a long time.  

One of my data drives needed to be replaced (started getting smart errors) and somehow during this process my OS drive got corrupted prompting me to have to reinstall Windows 10 and start fresh. 

Now I am seeing many errors in the event log complaining for Disk Collisions and SnapRAID syncs are unable to complete and get hung. 

I understand this probably has nothing to do with DrivePool, but am hoping some of the experts here can help.  I read how to change the drive is using diskpart, it seems straight forward enough.  I am not clear though how I would create a new ID, do I just use a random hexadecimal number?

Would performing another clean install of windows resolve this issue? If it would I may just go that route but wanted to see if anyone here can help. 

One additional note is that these disks are online in the disk management tool.   From what I am reading if there is a collision they should be offline - which further adds to my confusion.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Edited by pofo14
Adding details

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet