Pooled Disks seen as RAW not NTFS

Rob64

Question

Pooled Disks seen as RAW not NTFS

I had 5 HDDs pooled for almost 1 year and rarely used it after I filled them up. Last night I began clearing and organizing files with other externals and left it copying files to the pool.
I think the USB port disconnected the pool because the disks are all in one Orico 5 bay cube, and it some how disconnected a drive. The drive might have been deemed corrupted when it disconnected while it was half way copying a file.
I tried on another computer and only a couple of the drives showed up. Now, on my original computer, it says none of the disks are accessible and they do not have recognizable file systems. I looked into the disks with the "Get Data Back Pro" software and it shows all of the files perfectly intact in a Drivepool file structure. all of the files can be unlocked but the disks are not seen as NTFS in Computer management.

Please help me unlock the disk drives hopefully through Drivepool because I have been trying through windows ownership permissions all day.

4 answers to this question

To be clear: These are physical hard drives? Was there a CloudDrive drive in the pool? This is the CloudDrive forum.

RAW indicates, in any case, that your filesystem has been corrupted. You'll likely want to vacate the data from the drive asap with a recovery tool, format it, and copy the data back, if you can. DrivePool will recognize the data as long as the directory structure remains intact. 

4 minutes ago, Rob64 said:

Yeah that my bad this was meant for the other section. Its a 36 tb pool on an external. its 5 8tb hdds and I need do recovery i guess. Do you know if drivepool splits files across disks or does it just equally spread them?

That depends entirely on your DrivePool configuration settings. DrivePool will try to fill all drives in the pool equally by default. So you'd have files evenly distributed between all drives.