how to delete ALL duplications in pool ?

thomas4d

Question

I have a 4 tb pool I have a 150 gig folder duplication 3X the rest i want to have none because running out of space and my 4tb pool shows 3/4 full of Duplicated ??

when i go set Duplication setting I see blue inherit on most of the Folders ( I uses to Duplicate everything) no so much as used up the 4 TB

so how do i turn on the red "Disable" Duplication ?

I'd like to clean all Duplication and work with the 4TB pool better.

OH top software been 4 or 5 years Prefect system had few drives go down over that time Drive pool ROCKS =)

9 answers to this question

Hi thomas4d, it would help if you could show some screenprints because it is unclear to me what your settings are right now.

In principle, I would say that you could:
1. Manage Pool -> File protection -> Pool file duplication -> Disable (I assume you have x2 duplication right now)
2. Manage Pool -> File protection -> Folder Duplication -> Select the folder you want x3 duplication for and set it as such.

Now, duplication is not backup but especially if you disable duplication then I would even more advise to ensure you have backups somewhere. Just a heads up.

have over 3/4 of the pool showing duplicated and only a single 150 gigs folder set for Duplication ?..

How can  11TB being Duplication's ? I guess the pool has inherited previous Duplication settings, and has kept the Unwanted Duplicated files alive in the pool

how do i clear/delete the unwanted Duplicated files  ?

DrivePool_Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, Umfriend said:

So that looks a bit weird. I would re-measure first.

well that is why I posted to the forum because it's weird and need a solution... Yes I done that,  And everything afew times...

I would like to set folders to DISABLE Duplication's to clean up all Duplication's in the pool.  

is this possible ?

Actually, that is not what you want I think. What you want is to have x1 duplication (i.e. no duplication, just one instance of the files) except for that one folder.

I would search this forum for a sticky on DPCMD or somesuch. It allows to create a list of all duplicates of files and checks if they are compliant with the settings. You should only have duplicates of files in that one folder but this is the way to check.

On 9/14/2019 at 10:34 AM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

What you want it

dpcmd set-duplication-recursive P:\ 1 *

That should forcibly disable duplication on the entire pool. 

Tried Twice took 2 days Not fixed please check screen shot attached

please note most of my pool is full  of Duplication I DO NOT WANT ... how do i delete the Duplicates ???

WHY am i typing in to CMD   why not have this Clean Duplication in the software ??? I can not be the first dude to reduce the folders he wants Duplicated ?

DrivePool_Capture_V2.PNG

The command is to manually set the duplication status on the entire pool, to make sure that it's disabled.  From above, it looked like some of the folders had duplication enabled, so a quick way to fix that ... is that command. 

However, that doesn't remove the duplicates.  That requires a duplication pass that will correct that.  At the bottom, in the pool organization bar, click on the arrow "^", and see if it has a "reduplicate" option.  If it does, then run that, as it will trigger a duplication pass, and should remove all of the duplicates. 

If that doesn't work, remasure the pool (under Manage Pool).