Reformatting existing Cloud Drive to increase storage

bequbed

Question

When I originally created the CloudDrive I didn't realise that I can enter a value for CloudDrive size larger than 10TB. Hence I selected this option 

Now that I am nearing this limit, I want to resize the CloudDrive size to larger than 10TB. I was able to increase the size as you can see in the screenshot but as suspected, the CloudDrive in Windows is still shows 10TB. I am guessing that is because the drive was selected as NTFS at the time of creation which resulted in 10TB as size. 

Guess my question is that if I have increased my CloudDrive limit to 200TB, will I be able to go past 10TB? 

Capture.JPG

Untitled.jpg

1 answer to this question

15 hours ago, bequbed said:

When I originally created the CloudDrive I didn't realise that I can enter a value for CloudDrive size larger than 10TB. Hence I selected this option 

Now that I am nearing this limit, I want to resize the CloudDrive size to larger than 10TB. I was able to increase the size as you can see in the screenshot but as suspected, the CloudDrive in Windows is still shows 10TB. I am guessing that is because the drive was selected as NTFS at the time of creation which resulted in 10TB as size. 

Guess my question is that if I have increased my CloudDrive limit to 200TB, will I be able to go past 10TB? 

Capture.JPG

Untitled.jpg

Depending on the sector size when creating, you should be able to expand with no issues.

Try going into the hard drive partitions settings in windows and expand the drive there - maybe its just sitting as an unpartitioned part of the drive which just needs to be extended to the current :)

You will never be able to go above your sector size limit though

Recommend never going above 50 TB, so chkdsk will always work. Above that it will fail.

Then its better to do two different drives :)