Trouble uploading data to Google Drive

Heywood Floyd

Question

Hey all-

I am seeing these type of errors on both of my CloudDrives with Google Drive

2:13:04.0: Warning: 0 : [IoManager:5] Error performing Write I/O operation on provider. Retrying. Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
2:13:12.8: Warning: 0 : [RemoteControlKeepAliveChecker] Unable to find keep-alive port on 10.10.33.21. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
2:13:14.7: Warning: 0 : [ReadModifyWriteRecoveryImplementation:21] [W] Failed write (Chunk:783021, Offset:0x00000000 Length:0x00A00280). Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Uploads have been stalled for several days.  Any thoughts of best way to recover from this?

Thanks,

Heywood

9 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Dan said:

I can’t install 1145 over the current version.

if I uninstall so I lose all the data that’s pending an upload?  Because I can’t risk that either.

No, you won't lose it. I was worried, but uninstalling, then rebooting, then reinstalling .1145 worked perfectly. It did not even need to "recover", it just found the data right away. If you had pinned data duplication on, I would turn it off and run a cleanup on the drive just to be safe since that was not available in .1145. However, I myself forgot to do that, and all the drive showed was full data duplication on when .1145 began running. Turned it off and ran cleanup at that time with no issues, but better safe than sorry. 

I also just reverted to 1145. I'm sure Alex is working on it. Looks like a lot of features were added. I especially liked being able to duplicate pinned data only on existing pools... gives them a layer of protection while I re-upload the whole drive to a fully duplicated cloud drive.

I was having issues with uploading and downloading in 1165. I never noticed it when accessing the files, but there were always critical errors in the dashboard...

Also, my uploads were not stable for some reason, always jumping around in speed and never stable at 70Mbps... 1145 it is until the team addresses some of the issues.

Thanks @Christopher (Drashna) for the tip on reverting to 1145!!