Stupid question from a first time user. Does drive pool provide access to data already on the drives in the pool?

ilikemonkeys

Question

I'm a dumbass......didn't read the product description.  Bought it anyway.   I've made worse mistakes in life.   

I was under the impression that Drivepool would consolidate multiple drives and the data on the drives into one pool.  Therefore I could point Plex, sonarr, radarr to only one drive instead of multiple.  It appears now that I have a created a pool out of a bunch of drives for only future use, and I don't have access to any of the historic data on that pool.

2 answers to this question

Well, I'm guessing you kind of just skipped the "newly created pool" dialog that comes up the first time you create a pool.   

No worries, though. 

Specifically, StableBit DrivePool DOES NOT use the existing data on the drive, and does not automatically move the data into the pool.  This is handled this way, so we don't break your system or configuration.  

That said, we do have a "Seeding" guide that should help get things up and running quickly

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q4142489

Also, if you don't feel comfortable doing this, let us know here: https://stablebit.com/Contact and we can set up a remote support session so we can directly assist you with this process. 

Once the seeding is done, you should be "good to go"!