DrivePool not showing Pool or any drives other than OS (C:)

ufcfc

Question

Not really sure what's going on. My DrivePool rather suddenly stopped showing my pool, and doesn't show any connected drives either (other than C:).

Prior to this issue I had two drives (externals) disconnected, and hooked up to a different machine to run some chksdk operations. The pool was accessible as read only while those two were disconnected. Once I reconnected everything and restarted my "server" (just a Windows10 machine w/ DrivePool), nothing is showing up in DrivePool - but all the drives are still detected just fine in Stablebit Scanner, Mini-Tool, and Windows Disk Management. 

I have attempted Troubleshooting - Reset all. I have attempted stopping/restarting the service. And once stopped, I have attempted uninstalling, deleting relevant DrivePool ProgramDATA & AppData folders, restarting, reinstalling a brand new downloaded version, and restarting again. Yet even after all of that, the new installation of DrivePool does not detect any of my drives.

I don't mind pulling the relevant files out of the hidden folders and creating a new pool, then moving them back - but at this point even that would do me no good, since the drives aren't being detected by DrivePool to even create a new Pool.

I'm going to keep tinkering, but any help is appreciated.

2 answers to this question

Well. Looks like I accidentally solved this strange issue myself....

When I reconnected the two aforementioned drives, I plugged them into the system via a 4-port USB 3.0 HUB (which itself was connected directly to the motherboard). I previously used the same HUB with the drives on the other machine, and it was fine. I am also currently using the exact same make/model of the HUB on my "server" plugged directly into a different USB port on the motherboard.

Anyway, I just disconnected the drives from that newly added HUB, restarted, and voila... Everything works again. Drives work fine plugged into motherboard's port that the HUB was connected to also... Maybe having 2 of the exact same model HUBs on the system was screwing something up.

I'll leave this here in the unlikely event someone else has an issue in the future.