Is locating ONEDRIVE folder into Pool supported?

skydiver

Question

I previously had issues when I attempted to move my ONEDRIVE for business folder into the Drive Pool virtual drive on WHS 2011.  It would sync sometimes but then it wouldn't sync and then I would he unable to open the ONEDRIVE client application.  The app would be running in the background but would never open or sync.

I have completed migrating from WHS 2011 to Windows server 2016.  The drive pool drives are all migrated and everyth8ng is running very quickly and stable.

I have seen messages that appear that moving the ONEDRIVE folder is now supported.  Can you please provide answer to the following:

• Is ONEDRIVE folder in the drive pool on WIndows Server 2016 supported ?
  • Are there any suggested or required setting with regard to ONEDRIVE sync settings or Drove Pool settings to work?
  • Is there any possibility of setting up syncing for two different ONEDRIVE accounts both on the Pool drive running user two users session on the server? 

My primary use case is that I do 90 percent of my ONEDRIVE file management on WIndows computers aqbd using the local sync client.  For the remaining 10%, as part of my PHOTO workflow, I import, tag, enter EXIF data directly to the Server.  I would like all the files to end up in my ONEDRIVE account as well as having a local copy of ALL files in ONEDRIVE mirrored to the server

1 answer to this question