Schedule Up & download?

WHS_Owner

Question

14 answers to this question

I really don't want to have to remember to pause and unpause every night - I would like to automate it to run overnight. But as the devs haven't replied I guess they are not allowing that for some reason. Shame as it's the one thing that would make this software perfect. Without it, it's just...ok...

4 hours ago, WHS_Owner said:

I really don't want to have to remember to pause and unpause every night - I would like to automate it to run overnight. But as the devs haven't replied I guess they are not allowing that for some reason. Shame as it's the one thing that would make this software perfect. Without it, it's just...ok...

Well it's different based on the use-case :)

I would have no need for a feature like that, but i guess its because not everyone has flatrate internet or that their internet get saturated when it's running.

What about limiting the upload speed ?

On 7/9/2019 at 10:59 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

It's on the To Do list, but that's not exactly a small feature.  And Alex is currently very busy "internally".  So, I can't really give you an ETA, or even a ballpark.  Sorry. 

fair enough, thanks for the feedback :-)

I too would very much like the see a scheduler implemented, as I would prefer that all my uploads to Google Drive occured overnight. Please consider making this more of a priority, since remembering to pause/re-start uploads or throttle/un-throttle the bandwidth every night and morning is a real PITA.  

(Side note: I'm on a residential unlimited internet gigabit plan, but my ISP actually sent me a letter complaining that I was uploading too much data during peak hours (i.e., during the day), and it was impacting other internet users in my neighborhood. I was uploading about 1-2 TB's per month to Google Drive, for about 4 consecutive months. They said they would cut off my internet if I didn't do my heavy uploading overnight instead. Since they are the only high speed ISP in my area, I have to comply.)

One thing you *could* do is try to use a traffic shaper with a scheduler (like NetLimiter or NetBalancer). I have a need for this also and I've done it in the past. These programs can limit the bandwidth of the entire system or sets of individual applications/services. Turn your CloudDrive throttling off then limit it during the daytime with the traffic shaper.

Chris, which processes would need to be limited CloudDrive.Service.exe and CloudDrive.Service.Native.exe? Are there any caveats?

-Marc