Can't detach cloud drive

Cobalt503

Question

I've been struggling with this for days. I've rebooted multiple times. I've disabled all start up programs so nothing is accessing the cloud drive. I've transfered over small files to upload all content even the kilobytes and it still won't detach. I've been at this for days now. I would like to safely detach so i can reconnect to a new computer. I had to wait for upload to finish and that took days now this is taking days.. PLEASE HELP:):)

image.thumb.png.7ca3a54650e078489976ead6fc7ae20d.png

image.thumb.png.5d28d02e203b2b9b6b0ad978c57637df.png

edit: UPDATE: still can't detach cloud drive after another 24 hours of trying. 

I've restarted the computer. I've reauthorized the drive. 

AND IT STILL WON'T DETACH!! 

UGH !!! This is so frustrating. 

12 answers to this question

On 6/1/2019 at 12:54 AM, Cobalt503 said:

Yeah I've done that too. Probably 10 times.. I wouldn't have made a forum post if it was working properly.

Thanks for the suggestion anyways though. 

did you ever solve this? I am having the same problem.

2 minutes ago, Cobalt503 said:

Nah I'm still struggling with this issue. Hoping they can fix it somehow. I've tried re-authorizing, restarting etc etc. I'm hoping to get a response soon. Wish there was a phone number I could call for tech support. 

I don't want to worry you, but my drive is now reporting as being corrupt and is completely inaccessible. I'm starting to panic. 

Just now, steffenmand said:

Do a chkdsk /f on the drive. Google had an outtage yesterday so that can have caused some corrupted data to happen

Thanks for suggesting. I have done, but it is giving me an error on the chkdisk 'no space to write file' or something like that. I'd appreciate any more suggestions! 

Still can't disconnect.. this is been an issue for over a week. I've tried everything can I please get some help. 

Here's a screen shot of my error count.. 

image.thumb.png.80e7e8ab4003dac1cc85ae658d7d69d6.png

You can see where it says access denied a bunch of times and where I tried to re-authorize and then detach again.

Here's where I'm at.. Been avoiding this hoping I would get an amazing solution or recommended course. 

So internet went out and the drive was disconnected then I reconnected and detached and seemed like things were going well but when i went to re-attach to the new computer it says that it's still connected to the old computer and I would have to "force attach" 

At this point I'm afraid that I'm going to lose all my data. 

Really wish someone would respond to the forums. 

I don't want to be another person that loses 50+ TB of data due to some bad software. 

2 hours ago, Cobalt503 said:

Here's where I'm at.. Been avoiding this hoping I would get an amazing solution or recommended course. 

So internet went out and the drive was disconnected then I reconnected and detached and seemed like things were going well but when i went to re-attach to the new computer it says that it's still connected to the old computer and I would have to "force attach" 

At this point I'm afraid that I'm going to lose all my data. 

Really wish someone would respond to the forums. 

I don't want to be another person that loses 50+ TB of data due to some bad software. 

Unfortunately, you're screwed. I suffered total data loss and you have as well. 

The bug renders the product useless to me less than 4 months after I bought it. What has made me even more upset than the data loss is that Stablebit is refusing to issue a refund for a product that is fundamentally broken. They seem to think data loss is not a significant issue, which I find utterly perplexing. 

Anyway, if they're not willing to issue the refund all we can do is spread word of this to as many communities as possible so that others do not waste their money on what is a fault product. If this was a physical product they would absolutely have to issue a refund. I don't see why it being digital changes this. 

11 hours ago, NMonky said:

Unfortunately, you're screwed. I suffered total data loss and you have as well. 

The bug renders the product useless to me less than 4 months after I bought it. What has made me even more upset than the data loss is that Stablebit is refusing to issue a refund for a product that is fundamentally broken. They seem to think data loss is not a significant issue, which I find utterly perplexing. 

Anyway, if they're not willing to issue the refund all we can do is spread word of this to as many communities as possible so that others do not waste their money on what is a fault product. If this was a physical product they would absolutely have to issue a refund. I don't see why it being digital changes this. 

Simply not true - the issue is due to your provider having issues.

If it was google drive its because google sends old data back during outages - they think.

They have listened so much to their customers and the product is what it is today due to that.

You just cant blame them for issues caused by someone else :-)