Change Language in DrivePool

Henning

Question

15 answers to this question

If you don't mind beta versions, Alex has added this to the newest built of DrivePool.

Wiki (DrivePool_CultureOverride):

Download (450):

Hi,

you can also rename the file DrivePool.UI.resources.dll which is in the directory C:\Program Files\StableBit\DrivePool\de, in your case.

Until you update, and the files get overwritten.

Also, I would recommend against this.

Every beta build after 450 includes this option by default. So, no need to mess with dlls like that.

Hello! 

For a long time I was searching for a similar solution, StableBit Drivepul solves many problems of organizing space. But I would like to extend the functionality of a few, add please localization Russian language StableBit Drivepul, and choice of language localization mode manually. 

Thank you for good job!

Andry,

I've added a request for Russian language translation for StableBit DrivePool and StableBit Scanner.

We handle translations here:

http://translate.covecube.com/collaboration/

As for localization, by default, we look at the system to select what language we should use.

Also, any build after 2.1.0.450 includes a forced locatization option (CultureOverride) as detailed above:

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/445-change-language-in-drivepool/&do=findComment&comment=2660

Once the Russian language section is added, please feel free to add the translations. We can add automatically translated entries, but we prefer that a native speaker verify the strings.

I would like to use DrivePool in english but my system is in french so I did try to change :

<setting name="DrivePool_CultureOverride" serializeAs="String">

to

<setting name="DrivePool_CultureOverride" serializeAs="en">

I did even restart my PC : no luck UI is still in french  :(

Could you try downloading the attached file and placing it in "C:\Program Files\StableBit\DrivePool"?

attachicon.gifDrivePool.Service.exe.config

(this is stock, except for the language override to english).

Thanks a lot, it works.

Just a note : it loks like "DrivePool.Service.exe.config  " wasn't present in my computer, only DrivePool.Service.exe.default.config was here.

Thanks a lot, it works.

Just a note : it loks like "DrivePool.Service.exe.config  " wasn't present in my computer, only DrivePool.Service.exe.default.config was here.

Glad to hear it!

And yeah, you do need to rename the file.  The "default" file gets updated when the program gets updated, but we don't touch the "DrivePool.Service.exe.config" file during the upgrade process, (so that we don't change your config).