Scanner doesn't seem to be doing anything

core

Question

I'm a brand-new user so perhaps I'm doing something wrong. I've had this running for almost 14 hours now, and the scanner automatically started with my small 233 GB SSD (which has no problems at all).  It's my system drive and there's a 100MB system reserved partition.  As far as I can tell, the scanner is making no progress at all, and if I'm interpreting the icons properly, it's still scanning that 100MB partition.  I can see no way to manually skip only that partition.

I've seen other posts mentioning progress percentage, but I don't know where they are seeing that.  I'm just going by the lack of colored blocks.

It seems like this scan should have been done a LONG time ago, but it's just not doing anything. 

Also, I've tried hitting the "Stop check" button so I can manually try starting another check, but the stop button doesn't do anything.  I don't see any way to shut down the whole application and I'm not sure I want to start killing processes at this point.  Not interested in rebooting this machine.

scanner.png

2 answers to this question

I got it working.   I killed all processes that looked like they might be related to the scanner, restarted the GUI, then had to manually start the service.  Eventually everything fired right up and started working!  I didn't realize this was supposed to scan all drives in parallel; that's pretty neat.

I'll likely never know what the problem was, but this doesn't seem like a good way to make a good impression on new users and get sales.