[Feature request] Log SMART to file

cichy45

Question

Hello. 

I believe there is no such option is Scanner, but it could be useful for some (at leas for me). I would like to open a request to add option to enable dumping SMART attributes to log files (ideally one file per physical disk) with all parameters (even unrecognized) on schedule set in options - like every 5 minutes. It would be great if it was a nice CSV file but clean TXT would also do. Layout could be like: columns of parameters, rows of dump/log time and values. So it would be easy to plot charts form it. 

I ask about it as I have a small 128GB sandisk SSD, it its shoving remaining live and data written to ssd as "unrecognized parameters - manufacturer specific" (AD and F9) but in nice decimal numbers (like 96 means 96% of "live" remaining and 5065 means 5065GB written by host). This SSD serves me as a cache for system HDD and it would be great to be able to create chart with decreasing live attribute and increasing data writes (disk under constant but quite uniform load).

2019-05-11_101539.png

1 answer to this question