Bug/Issue/Conflict Causing Pool to Disappear

bzowk

Question

Hey Guys - 

About an hour ago, I was prompted up upgrade Corsair iCue which is software I use for my VOID Headset.  I did so, rebooted, and upon coming back up; my pool was gone.  It's not that it wasn't writable, but that the partition didn't appear and when opening DrivePool, no pie chart was displayed - just a list of disks not in the pool.  I looked in DP logs, but didn't see anything that stood out besides the fact that it looked normal.

I tried many things to remediate including...

• Reinstall (Repair) of DrivePool
  • System Restore (Attempted twice and both failed - shocker, I know)
  • Uninstall of iCue
  • Multiple reboots due to the above
  • "Reset all settings" within DrivePool

What finally worked for me was uninstalling DrivePool, renaming the Stablebit DrivePool folder in ProgramFiles, restarting, then reinstalling DrivePool.  Once back up, I launched DrivePool and the pool reappeared and started to remeasure again.  To note, even though it's working, iCue (which I had reinstalled) does not when it attempts to launch at startup.  Seems like a conflicting dependency to me.  I looked through App & System Event Logs trying to find the error I saw, but to no avail.  I've got to get back to work now, but will update post with it if I run across it again.

Just wanted to note in case any experience this in the near future.  Hopefully, there's something that can be adjusted on the DP side of things to prevent in the future.

To note, I'm using DrivePool 2.2.2.934 in Windows 10 x64.

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet