Is it possible to change the name of the CloudDrive folder created in the cloud?

Jakub148

Question

Hello,

I have set up a Cloud drive on OneDrive for Business and when I access my OneDrive account on the website I can see a " StableBit CloudDrive " folder then a "CloudPart" folder inside. Now my question is: is it possible to change the names of these folders to something less obvious, maybe a randomly generated string of characters?

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Cobalt503 said:

Yeah and I'm saying if you can't figure it out shut your mouth and move on. Bringing a negative opinion to a new idea is a shit thing to do. Especially when it's as vague as "I don't see why"  Who cares what you can see if you aren't the intended user of such feature. GOOD DAY.

Some one had a bad day for sure. its a forum and made for discussion.

No reason to get nasty here. 

That said for shared accounts, generally, we don't support them.  For instance, we do NOT support Google Team Drive, for this reason and technical limitations. 

And sharing the account means that anyone with access to it could mount the drives, potentially corrupting the data.   

So, renaming it doesn't really have any benefit here, other than as a placebo for your peace of mind.   It would be much better to restrict who can access the account. 

19 hours ago, Cobalt503 said:

I think the user is looking for a feature request to be able to rename or obfuscate the names of the folders. I'm sure if it was built into the software it would maintain the links. 

Don't see the need - It aint illegal to use Stablebit CloudDrive :)

Seems like a rather ignorant response since no one mentioned legality of it. This is a preference and no one cares about the law when it comes to naming folders.

If I want to change the name of the folder and direct stablebit to that directory than it should work. It's actually a very reasonable and simple request. Personally I wanted to do the same thing with renaming the file folder because the cloud is often a SHARED environment and I would like to put a "DO NOT TOUCH" "DO NOT DELETE" "PERSONAL STORAGE" root directory above the stable bit folders.  

See this isn't about legality it's about preference and why bring up points that don't matter unless you are ONLY trying to have a negative opinion or be contrary? You some kind of flat-earther or something? 

7 hours ago, Cobalt503 said:

Seems like a rather ignorant response since no one mentioned legality of it. This is a preference and no one cares about the law when it comes to naming folders.

If I want to change the name of the folder and direct stablebit to that directory than it should work. It's actually a very reasonable and simple request. Personally I wanted to do the same thing with renaming the file folder because the cloud is often a SHARED environment and I would like to put a "DO NOT TOUCH" "DO NOT DELETE" "PERSONAL STORAGE" root directory above the stable bit folders.  

See this isn't about legality it's about preference and why bring up points that don't matter unless you are ONLY trying to have a negative opinion or be contrary? You some kind of flat-earther or something? 

Calm down.

Just said i dont see the need for such a feature. 

Yeah and I'm saying if you can't figure it out shut your mouth and move on. Bringing a negative opinion to a new idea is a shit thing to do. Especially when it's as vague as "I don't see why"  Who cares what you can see if you aren't the intended user of such feature. GOOD DAY.