No idea what is going on

aBe_FX35

Question

Not sure if this belongs here or in drivepool section :

Hello Everyone,

I will try to be as clear as possible, never had this happen before and have no idea what to do. If you need any more info or have more questions please feel free to ask. So overnight, i get all these weird errors and messages, i restart my computer and windows (10) does a random "scan and repair drive" upon bootup, which leaves me like asking what is going on ? Let me list my 2 major issues,i will try to include some screen shots too.

1) Mystable bit scanner was not installed, so i installed it and scanned all my drives (took like 2 days which seems excessive but not the issue) once it was done all the drives show "healthy" except for 1 of my drives, which has me scared because i never seen this before in previous scans and also all these drives are in my drive pool for my precious PLEX server media collection.

2) Generally stablebit spans/splits up the data equally among the drives in the pool, well when i look now all my drives have less than 500 KB of space, and only 1 of them says it has the remaining 45 GB of space left, when before this 45 GB was split equally between them, yes i was running low on space, and was gonna add more drives soon, but then this issue happened and i dont know where to go from here cause i dont wanna lose my data. I will include a screen shot of this.

You can see in the screenshot showing all my drives in the pool which all point to the drive (P:) PLEX which is my drivepool for all my Plex server media, before i go and add more drives to my huge desktop warehousing all these drives, im hoping this can fixed and put everything back to normal before so.

Any advice and help on this would be great, im not super tech savvy so instructions in detail would be appreciated. Thank you all :)

Sidenote: All Plex drives are Westerndigital NAS RED drives, some 4 TB some 8 TB.

HDD3.PNG

DRIVES.PNG

1 answer to this question

This may be easier to handle as a ticket at https://stablebit.com/contact, but here is fine too.

For the first issue, I cant' really tell what is going on, other than a SMART warning. But I can't tell which.  
If you want, scroll to the bottom of that page, and enable  the "submit to bitflock" option.   This may take a minute or two, but it should generate an 8 digit ID.  Post that ID here, and we can take a look at the SMART data. 

As for StableBit DrivePool, that looks correct. The data is spread out between the drives. It won't always be 100% evenly distributed though. 
In your case, it looks like you're out of disk space, and you need to add another drive.   

Specifically, you may want to do the "advanced RMA" option of the problem drive, if it's under warrant and available where you are.