Optimizing Threads for Maximum UL/DL GDrive?

Bowsa

Question

These are my current StableBit Cloud Drive settings for use with Google. I was wondering what's the best way to optimizing downloads for streaming 4K (60-70GB) 50-60mbps birate content?

Doing Speedtest, my downloads and upload speeds are regularly 930-950mbps.  What's the best way of optimizing both for the FASTEST download/upload in the shortest time?

Capture.PNG

3 answers to this question

Decrease the prefetcher values.  As is, it won't be triggered often, and it will grab too much data at once. Basically, it won't work right. 

Set the trigger to 5MB (or even 1), and set the forward to 200MB. 

The forward should be roughly 75% of Download threads * minimum download size.  This way, there is a buffer for other tasks to run. 

On 4/29/2019 at 7:41 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Decrease the prefetcher values.  As is, it won't be triggered often, and it will grab too much data at once. Basically, it won't work right. 

Set the trigger to 5MB (or even 1), and set the forward to 200MB. 

The forward should be roughly 75% of Download threads * minimum download size.  This way, there is a buffer for other tasks to run. 

I adjusted these settings, and had set these parameters based on another admin post I saw on the forum regarding prefetching.

I have

Download Threads: 10

Upload Threads: 13

Upload Threshold: 10 MB

Minimum Download Size: 35 MB

Prefetcher

Trigger: 20 MB

Forward: 500 MB

Time Window: 30 Seconds

Minimum Recommended download speed: 979 mbps

That's still going to cause issues.  The prefetching trigger is set pretty high, so it may not trigger prefetching properly. 

Additionally, because the download threads and minimum download size are set well below the prefetch forward, it's going to get "clogged up" trying to get 500MB, when it can only grab 350MB at most.