Is there a solution to fragmented NZB Unpacking?

Bowsa

Question

Scenario: A Pool of x3 (8-TB) HDDS, and 2 500GB SSDs as a "cache" drive part of the pool; Free space 1.2+ GBS

Obtaining and unpacking multiple 70+ GB Files runs into "space" problems a lot of times with NZBGet because it downloads to the smaller drive within the pool and tries to unpack to it. Thus it effectively acts as a roadblock for further downloads from running correctly.

Is there any way to define "free-space" for certain programs, as double the file size for unpacking reasons?

This is ridiculous

3 answers to this question

You could use the File Placement rules to limit where the software places the new files.    

This way, you can make sure that the files end up on a specific disk.  That may help with this. 

Otherwise, personally, I use a dedicated drive for temp storage, and only import completed files to the pool. 

On 4/29/2019 at 7:11 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

You could use the File Placement rules to limit where the software places the new files.    

This way, you can make sure that the files end up on a specific disk.  That may help with this. 

Otherwise, personally, I use a dedicated drive for temp storage, and only import completed files to the pool. 

I sorta have that enabled, my SSD drive is my "intermediary" folder, but when it extracts, it extracts to the Pool. How do you limit it to completed files only>