GDrive AND BB B2 Showing empty folders

Orbitzer

Question

Installed a fresh install of Windows Server 2016, remounted my cloud drives, both of them seem to be correct in size (roughly 13TB), but both are missing large amounts of files as the NTFS system just sees empty folders. It appears that a lot of the files that were not in separate subfolders are still intact. I attempted to clear my cache, then turn the drive back online and this didn't seem to help. So far file recovery software (EaseUS (unless this is not one I should be using for this specific case)) can only see some of the items. Any ideas? I would be really surprised if both clouddrive were somehow corrupted.

4 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Orbitzer said:

Installed a fresh install of Windows Server 2016, remounted my cloud drives, both of them seem to be correct in size (roughly 13TB), but both are missing large amounts of files as the NTFS system just sees empty folders. It appears that a lot of the files that were not in separate subfolders are still intact. I attempted to clear my cache, then turn the drive back online and this didn't seem to help. So far file recovery software (EaseUS (unless this is not one I should be using for this specific case)) can only see some of the items. Any ideas? I would be really surprised if both clouddrive were somehow corrupted.

did you try chkdsk /f ?

i use recuva for recovery

12 minutes ago, steffenmand said:

did you try chkdsk /f ?

i use recuva for recovery

chkdsk /f returns this:

The type of file system is NTFS

Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process, etc.

Do I turn the drive offline again  before running chkdsk or?

e: Double checked this, it appears everything in my folders containing my movies and tv shows is gone if it was in a subfolder, anything not in a subfolder is still visible via windows on both drives.

Hmm seems stablebit is accessing it for some reason. I would try taking it offline again and back online. 

Chkdsk /f should fix it (or atleast tell you if they couldnt be recovered)

If stuff has to be recovered, you can use Recuva Deep Search to find and recover the files - it is a bigger task though