Backup system

Chupa

Question

Good evening, after declaring my disc lost forever I decided to make smaller discs that are easier to restore and set up a backup system to restore any data lost as in this case, I would have thought of creating another GDrive account (I know it is not necessary but for greater security) and I create N backup disks, the same number of disks as I normally use and with a synchronization program such as FreeFileSync to have a mirror copy on another drive that in case of emergency (disk not backup broken) I can directly mount the backup one and over time rebuild the new backup disk, I wanted to do everything with CloudDrive because I tried Drivepool believing I could create a RAID and have a parity disk (not I need data access speed, but stability) but it's not possible to do it only with DrivePool. This is what I thought, maybe it's more fair to do something else, I ask you that you are more experienced than me, I thought that a very complex system: freefilesync + clouddrive + drivepool + snapraid (for example) was less stable than a simple freefilesync + clouddrive was more stable, what do you think? What backup systems do you have? Thank you

1 answer to this question

Would also love a feature to make a "raid" over cloud accounts.

Would also make it possible to utilize multiple gdrive accounts to increase the thread count or just avoid throttling in general. Plus its a great protection vs data corruption. But ofc. it would require more bandwidth, but for high-end 1 gbit or 10 gbit users that shouldnt make a big difference