GDrive still shows NTFS format (not RAW) but explorer thinks its empty

vashp2029

Question

As others have described, I recently tried to move my CloudDrive to another PC by detaching and attaching on the other side. The drive was working fine with no data loss before detaching it, and I didn't force detach (allowed it to properly detach). Once attached to the new PC, it shows valid usage statics, both in the CloudDrive UI and in the Explorer (x TB of y TB used). However, when I actually open the drive in the explorer, it says that there are no files.

Now I've tried to go through taking the disk offline and unpinning and all that, which was suggested on the other threads, but it didn't change anything for me. However, running R-Undelete, it can see all the files that should be there, but the explorer can't see. I also accidentally stumbled onto this: when trying to set the drive as "read-only" in CloudDrive, it reports that it is unable to do that because the drive is part of a DrivePool (which it was). Therefore, it looks like CloudDrive can also see at least the pool folder in the drive. Since that's the case, I don't know why Explorer can't see any of these...

I had the data replicated on two separate GDrive accounts, and both drives are doing the same thing, so I've effectively lost all the data unless I can fix this issue. The files are there but I can't access them.

I've also tried running chkdsk /f /r, and I've tried resizing one of the two drives down to 50 TB (original size was 64 TB) incase the reason Windows was having issues was that the NTFS volume is too large. When I did this, nothing changed except that explorer correctly reported that I was using a larger percentage of my (now smaller) drive.

Edit: I should note that most of the file recovery programs I've used can see all of the files that should be there, but I can't use them to recover because I have ~25 TB of data with no local drive large enough to recover to. Is there a program that can recover in place? I imagine the problem isn't even the files themselves, but some kind of index or partition table that should tell Windows where to look, but I don't know how to recover that.

Also, the recovery programs see all the proper files within seconds, so they're not performing a full bit by bit scan and guessing what the files are based on the data.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet