Weirdness after a forced Windows Scandisk

ConnerRhoads

Question

Greetings,

I have no idea what to think of this --- 

I got a message last night from Windows 10 that it needed to reboot to "apply a fix". I didn't think anything of it, so I let it do its thing. 

System then rebooted and did a checkdisk of three of my drives in my array. So far, didn't think anything of it.

When the system rebooted, one of the drives was no longer part of my drivepool array and instead was being recognized as part of a new array.

I figured that wouldn't be TOO terrible of an issue as I just added a much bigger drive over the weekend and wanted to force it to drop the data from that drive that was registered incorrectly onto the new drive.

Well, turns out the old drive in its own array won't show me ANY data save one folder with XML file associated with media server. Approximately the right amount of space is used up on the drive, but it won't let me access the data on the drive on the drive associated with the original array.

So, um, how else do I troubleshot this?

2 answers to this question

Ok, so I got it sorted out.

The original Drive Pool information was simply a hidden directory on the problematic drive.

I'm moving everything over now which should resolve my delema. 

I was having a hard time imagining it being such a convoluted mess with how eloquent the design of Drivepool seemed to me since getting it earlier this year.