SMART TOOLS WITH SAS drives

emace

• 1 year later...

Not to pressure anyone on the matter ... but ... I've started replacing some aging 5TB Sata drives with 14TB SAS drives and they work great with Drivepool --- alas, the SAS drives aren't supported equally well with Scanner.

Please, take your time, and improve support for SAS drives ....  thanks a ton, love your stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wanting to toss in my $0.02 on this.  It's definitely not so much among the consumer side of things, but there's definitely a missing data point in there.  I've noticed that HDSentinel has the ability to scan, but I'm not as big of a fan of their interface and it doesn't integrate with drivepool.  

I appreciate all the work that's been going into StableBit tools, but I'd really love to see this, even if it was sold as an additional license, an extra $10 for SAS integration or something...

• 2 months later...
On 7/5/2020 at 9:38 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Sorry, yeah, still not supported.  Since it's not as much of a consumer tech, it hasn't been a priority.  

But yeah, I do agree, SAS support would be amazing.

On 10/13/2020 at 12:28 AM, Phatman113 said:

Just wanting to toss in my $0.02 on this.  It's definitely not so much among the consumer side of things, but there's definitely a missing data point in there.  I've noticed that HDSentinel has the ability to scan, but I'm not as big of a fan of their interface and it doesn't integrate with drivepool.  

I appreciate all the work that's been going into StableBit tools, but I'd really love to see this, even if it was sold as an additional license, an extra $10 for SAS integration or something...

I wonder, is this something that could be implemented by means of a plugin at all? Or does the API not expose/allow things at that level? If it can, then perhaps a community led solution might be possible, with a little guidance?

I agree with you all.  SAS information would be amazing.  Especially as I have a 36 bay server chassis with an LSI SAS controller. 

However, our focus is on consumer technologies.  So that is where our time and effort is spent.  

That said, once StableBit Cloud is finalized, I do plan on pushing for SAS support. Especially as NAS and enterprise drives are getting fairly close in price, anymore. 

• 3 years later...
On 1/9/2021 at 2:14 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

I agree with you all.  SAS information would be amazing.  Especially as I have a 36 bay server chassis with an LSI SAS controller. 

However, our focus is on consumer technologies.  So that is where our time and effort is spent.  

That said, once StableBit Cloud is finalized, I do plan on pushing for SAS support. Especially as NAS and enterprise drives are getting fairly close in price, anymore. 

Any word on this yet?