long time user, first time asker.....drive size too big? should I use drive pool?

it's me

Question

Hey there.  I use CD for Plex media in Google Drive.  Works fine.  My server crashes about weekly and I still haven't been able to figure out why, but CD takes 5 hours to remount and check and re-upload each time.  Which leads me to my questions:

1. I have 2 cloud drives one for 10T which is limited to 10 by my setup restrictions at chunk size.  I have another drive setup at 250T because I upped the chunk size to support that size drive.  Should I Keep that 250T drive or break it into several smaller drives?  I"m hoping that as I fill it it won't start causing me trouble.

2. Would there be any benefit in using DrivePool for my system as I fill my drives?

Many thanks for your time and advise.

1 answer to this question

On 3/14/2019 at 2:43 PM, it's me said:

Should I Keep that 250T drive or break it into several smaller drives?

The drive size doesn't really matter. What is important is the volume, or partition size. You want volumes no larger than 60TB, because windows cannot repair NTFS volumes larger than 60TB. A single large CloudDrive drive can be divided up into multiple volumes smaller than 60TB. 

I am not aware, however, of multiple drives or larger drives leading to system instability. I use a very large drive myself, and DrivePool, and have no such issue. So there may be something else going on with your server.

On 3/14/2019 at 2:43 PM, it's me said:

2. Would there be any benefit in using DrivePool for my system as I fill my drives?

Sure! DrivePool works great to expand the drive and add additional volumes.