Not able to access background service - Help!

GeorgeS

Question

Stablebit Drive Pool version: 2.1.1.561

Stablebit Scanner version: 2.5.1.3062

Running windows 10 with 4 x 4TB HD running of SATA from the motherboard.  Been using this set up for several years with no problems.  All windows 10 updates up to date.  Although I am running 4 x 4TB in full duplication my drivepool is reporting 14 TB in windows file explorer PC.  Windows system Admin show all 4 main drives healthy and shows the drive pool healthy.  The drive pool seems to be working fine in that I can read and write files ok.  However, my main issue is that I cannot access the background service.  I am accessing locally and am running Sophos antivirus.  I also cannot access the Stablebit Scanner background service either.  Have rebooted several times.  

Not sure if it is a problem but I am storing my onedrive folder on the drive pool.

I checked the error logs (C:\ProgramData\StableBit DrivePool\Service\ErrorReports) but there are no error logs since 2016 so no major errors.

Any ideas how I can get into the drivepool background service?

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Both of these are out of date, and you should update to the latest releases.

If that doesn't help, then you may need to reset the settings:
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2299585B
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Scanner_Q4200749

Many thanks, I updated both drivepool and scanner to latest versions and all is working now. 

13 hours ago, GeorgeS said:

Many thanks, I updated both drivepool and scanner to latest versions and all is working now. 

Just as a final update on this issue for future reference for others.  I discovered that that actual problem that prevented me accessing the backend was my virus protection application that started to block stable bit.  I applied an "exception" to the stablebit app in my virus program and all worked well and back to normal.