Slow Upload to Google Drive

Blake

Question

I've spent the last hour or so looking through old posts along with the FAQ and have yet to find an acceptable solution. I currently have a 240 GB SSD that I'm testing CloudDrive on to seed long term and my upload speed continues to crawl.

I've played around with different threads for UL/DL, along with different cache types, but my upload barely rises above 8mbps, usually 3-4 mbps. I have 1Gbit Up/Down at home, so something I'm doing must be the issue. The only thing I have testing currently is a single 40GB torrent.

Any advice on what settings to tweak exactly in order to reach somewhat acceptable upload and download speeds?

5 answers to this question

There is a possibility that your ISP simply has poor peering with Google, or you have a problem with your network. Upload speed, in particular, is almost entirely determined by chunk size and upload threads. So if you've got 5 threads or so and a 20 MB chunk size, you should easily be able to hit several hundred mbps. 

On 2/27/2019 at 2:42 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Try recreating the drive with larger chunk sizes. 

Also, maybe see about disabling the upload threshold. 

Recreating it with larger chunk sizes did it. I maxed out the chunk size upon creation and am now getting the normal 300-500mbps upload for a single file to Google.

Thanks!