Scanner V2.5.4.3216 Installation Fails

WHS2011user

Question

I've been running StableBit Scanner V2.5.1.3062 on a WHS2011 machine for years. Today I noticed there is an update, V2.5.4.3216, so I downloaded it. When I tried to install it, I got an error message saying that I had to uninstall the previous version from the dashboard, which I did, rebooted, installed again with the same error message. Any suggestions on how to install the update, or maybe the update isn't for WHS2011? BTW, I reinstalled V2.5.1.3062 without a problem.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Oh no.  Yeah, it sounds like it did not clean up the dashboard files correctly! 

On the server itself, head to:
C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\Addins\Primary

Find the "StableBitScanner.Addin" file, and delete this 

Once you've done this, you should be able to install the new version properly. 

Thanks for your help! I was able to install the latest version.

Strange behavior though... The StableBit scanner page shows up in WHS2011 with all the disks listed as expected. However, the WHS2011 Add-ins page no longer shows StableBit Scanner. The StableBit DrivePool still shows up though. I rebooted the computer but the StableBit Scanner still doesn't show up in the Add-ins page.

Drashna:

One more question: if StableBit no longer shows up on the WHS2011 Add-ins page, how do I know there is an updated version, other than going to the StableBit website? Any thoughts to adding a note to the WHS2011 StableBit page that an update is available?

Thanks