Operating System Hard Drive Failure

HDRKC07

Question

Need some advice.  I have been gone on vacation and when I returned I powered up my Plex Media Server.  Needless to say it wouldn't bootup.  After trying numerous attempts to get the 'ole girl to boot I decided to get a new SSD and reinstall the OS.  My drivepool consists of 7 HDD's containing movies; the Windows 10 OS was on a separate SSD.  Is it correct that all I need to do to preserve my data on the 7HDD's is:

1) Disconnect them from the system

2) Insert new SSD, install Windows 10 and reboot

3) Download Stablebit Drivepool and insert license

4) Power down pc and reconnect the drivepool drives

5) Restart pc 

At this point Drivepool should recognize the drives and all my data will be safe, correct?

As far as Plex, I assume after reinstalling that program I will just have to tell it where the files reside.

Thanks for the help.

2 answers to this question

That's exactly how it works.  Disconnect, install and activate, reconnect drives, install drivepool and Bob's your uncle.  I wish other software were as easy to deal with as DrivePool.  You *may* have to reactivate the license - depends on whether it notices a sufficiently significant change in the system.  However, the trial license will give more than ample time to work through that issue with CoveCube.