[Performance] Scanner checking my 10TB GDrive

Solarisis

Question

Dear fellow Stablebit-users,

I've been using CloudDrive, DrivePool and Scanner for a while now and I am very happy with it. However, my mounted 10TB Google Drive once had an unsafe shutdown, and Windows kept nagging that it might be faulty/dirty. 

I tried chkdsk first, because I honestly didn't know scanner also uses an form of chkdsk (if I'm not mistaking), but soon turned to Scanner. However, it's been 4 days since I started Scanner to check and repair that drive. It says it's 50% finished, however it seems terribly slow. 

Does anyone have experience with checking an 10TB disk (~8TB used) ? How long did it take? Presumably it will be finished in 4 more days. 

I have an 200/200 fiber connection. 

Thanks!!

Regards,

scanner.png

2 answers to this question

On 1/18/2019 at 5:24 PM, zeroibis said:

I wonder what running the scanner on a cloud drive actually does... as it is not as though it would be able to access anything on the physical layer anyways...

The physical layer is emulated in the VHD I guess. So it will just correct or surpass the emulated sectors and indexation files on the VHD.